Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Not Again!

I saw the trailer/song of the movie Ta Ra Rum Pum on TV and realised that it is one more movie which is based in New York City. There was Kal Ho Na Ho, Jaaneman, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna and now Ta Ra Rum Pum. What's with this "Big Apple" addiction that Bollywood had gotten into ? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against NYC. Infact, it is one of the cities in the world that I want to visit desperately having heard and seen lots about it (thanks to Hollywood and American TV).

Btw, you should listen to the song "Hey Shona" from the same movie. I totally loved it :)

6 comments:

Smi said...

NYC perhaps has all the trappings of a perfect Hindi movie backdrop - gigantic buildings(Empire State,Chrysler etc),a chamak-ly lit up area(Times Square), a historically famous spot (Statue of Liberty) and of course a water body!:)
Like you,I was pretty keen on the NYC experience too. And when I did get to visit the place about a couple of years ago, it did turn out to be quite an awesome experience!

PizzaDude said...

@smi:
Yeah, It does!
Glad to know that you got to visit NYC. I am eagerly waiting for an opportunity to go there.

Anonymous said...

Thought it was more to do with 'Central Perk' and the ppl associated with it... I'd ike to visit NYC too... more to see what the fuss is all abt :p ...

PizzaDude said...

@danny:
Haa Haa :) Its got to do a lot with that too :D
Why don't we plan a trip to NYC sometime ? :D

Anonymous said...

Visiting NYC is certainly a wiser decision than watching Tara Rum Pum! :/

PizzaDude said...

@sayesha:
Oh..Okay! Was intending to watch the movie sometime. Maybe I will have to give it another thought.